Tapentadol (Oral Route)
Name: Tapentadol (Oral Route)
- Tapentadol Oral Route brand name
- Tapentadol Oral Route side effects
- Tapentadol Oral Route serious side effects
- Tapentadol Oral Route drug
US Brand Name
- Nucynta ER
Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.
There are no adequate studies in women for determining infant risk when using this medication during breastfeeding. Weigh the potential benefits against the potential risks before taking this medication while breastfeeding.
Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. The following interactions have been selected on the basis of their potential significance and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Using this medicine with any of the following is usually not recommended, but may be unavoidable in some cases. If used together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use this medicine, or give you special instructions about the use of food, alcohol, or tobacco.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Alcohol abuse, history of or
- Brain tumor, history of or
- Breathing or other lung problems (eg, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD, sleep apnea) or
- Depression, history of or
- Drug abuse or dependence, history of or
- Gallbladder problems or
- Head injuries, history of or
- Kyphoscoliosis (severe curvature of the spine that can cause breathing problems) or
- Weakened physical condition—Use with caution. May increase risk for more serious side effects.
- Breathing problems (eg, asthma, hypercarbia), severe or
- Paralytic ileus (intestinal blockage or narrowing) or
- Respiratory depression (hypoventilation or slow breathing)—Should not be used in patients with these conditions.
- Hypotension (low blood pressure) or
- Pancreatitis (inflammation or swelling of the pancreas) or
- Seizures or epilepsy, history of—Use with caution. May make these conditions worse.
- Kidney disease, severe or
- Liver disease, severe—Use is not recommended in patients with these conditions.
- Liver disease, moderate—Use with caution. The effects may be increased because of slower removal of the medicine from the body.