Novolin 70 / 30 (Insulin Isophane NPH / Insulin Regular (InnoLets, Pens, and PenFills))
Name: Novolin 70 / 30 (Insulin Isophane NPH / Insulin Regular (InnoLets, Pens, and PenFills))
- Novolin 70 / 30 Insulin Isophane NPH / Insulin Regular InnoLets, Pens, and PenFills how to use
- Novolin 70 / 30 Insulin Isophane NPH / Insulin Regular InnoLets, Pens, and PenFills side effects
- Novolin 70 / 30 Insulin Isophane NPH / Insulin Regular InnoLets, Pens, and PenFills effects of
- Novolin 70 / 30 Insulin Isophane NPH / Insulin Regular InnoLets, Pens, and PenFills drug
How is this medicine (Novolin 70/30) best taken?
Use Novolin 70/30 as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as a shot into the fatty part of the skin.
- If you will be giving yourself the shot, your doctor or nurse will teach you how to give the shot.
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- This medicine needs to be mixed before use. Follow how to mix as you were told by the doctor.
- Take 30 to 60 minutes before meals.
- Move the site where you give the shot with each shot.
- Do not give into red or irritated skin.
- Do not use if the solution is leaking or has particles.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
- Do not mix this insulin in the same syringe with other types of insulin.
- Throw away needles in a needle/sharp disposal box. Do not reuse needles or other items. When the box is full, follow all local rules for getting rid of it. Talk with a doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Follow the diet and workout plan that your doctor told you about.
- Be sure you know what to do if you do not eat as much as normal or if you skip a meal.
- Do not use out dated insulin.
- Take off the needle after each shot. Do not store this device with the needle on it.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Be sure you know what to do if you forget to take a dose
- If you are not sure what to do if you miss a dose, call your doctor.
What are some other side effects of Novolin 70/30?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Weight gain.
- Irritation where the shot is given.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Novolin 70/30?
- Store unopened containers in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- If needed, this medicine can be left out at room temperature for some time. Be sure you know how long you can leave Novolin 70/30 at room temperature before you need to throw it away.
- After opening, be sure you know how long the product is good for and how to store it. Ask the doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Do not use if it has been frozen.
- Protect from heat.
- Protect from light.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.