Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride
Name: Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride
- Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride works by
- Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride injection
- Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride used to treat
- Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride is used to treat
- Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride novaplus hydralazine hydrochloride side effects
- Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride side effects
Uses For Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride
Hydralazine injection is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). High blood pressure adds to the workload of the heart and arteries. If it continues for a long time, the heart and arteries may not function properly. This can damage the blood vessels of the brain, heart, and kidneys, resulting in a stroke, heart failure, or kidney failure. Lowering blood pressure can decrease the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Hydralazine works by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart while reducing its workload.
This medicine is to be given only by or under the direct supervision of your doctor.
Precautions While Using Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride
It is important that your doctor check you closely while you are receiving this medicine. This will allow your doctor to see if the medicine is working properly. Blood tests may be needed to check for unwanted effects.
Hydralazine may cause some people to have headaches or to feel dizzy. Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are dizzy or not alert.
Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor. This especially includes over-the-counter (nonprescription) medicines for appetite control, asthma, colds, cough, hay fever, or sinus problems, since they may tend to increase your blood pressure.
Novaplus HydrALAZINE Hydrochloride Side Effects
Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur:More common
- Am, back, or jaw pain
- chest pain or discomfort
- chest tightness or heaviness
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- shortness of breath
- Black, tarry stools
- blindness or vision changes
- blurred vision
- burning of the face or mouth
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, painful, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- clumsiness or unsteadiness
- difficult or labored breathing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fever and sore throat
- lower back or side pain
- painful or difficult urination
- pale skin
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, feet
- swollen, painful, or tender lymph glands in the neck, armpit, or groin
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- ulcers, sores, or white spots in the mouth
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- weakness in the hands or feet
- Dark urine
- general tiredness and weakness
- light-colored stools
- nausea and vomiting
- upper right abdominal or stomach pain
- yellow eyes and skin
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur:Symptoms of overdose
- Feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
Some side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- loss of appetite
- weight loss
- Difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- difficulty with moving
- feeling anxious or depressed
- muscle cramps, pain, or stiffness
- pain in the joints
- rash, hives or welts, itching
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.