- Nitro-Bid nitro-bid drug
- Nitro-Bid drug
- Nitro-Bid used to treat
- Nitro-Bid nitro-bid dosage
- Nitro-Bid mg
E. Fougera & Co., A Division Of Nycomed Us Inc.
Nitro-Bid Drug Class
Nitro-Bid is part of the drug class:
Antihemmorhoidal Muscle Relaxants
Nitro-Bid Food Interactions
Medications can interact with certain foods. In some cases, this may be harmful and your doctor may advise you to avoid certain foods. In the case of Nitro-Bid, there are no specific foods that you must exclude from your diet when receiving this medication.
Before using Nitro-Bid, tell your doctor if you are taking:
- any medicines that are used to treat angina, heart failure, or an irregular heartbeat.
- any medicines that reduce blood pressure.
- any diuretics (water pills).
- medications to treat depression or psychiatric illness.
- ergotamine or similar drugs for migraine headaches.
- the blood thinner medicine heparin.
- any medicines for erectile dysfunction.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.
Use Nitrobid exactly as prescribed.
Nitrobid comes as an ointment. It is usually applied twice a day, on rising in the morning and one applied six hours later.
Use this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The recommended starting dose of Nitrobid is two daily 1/2- inch (7.5 mg) doses, one applied on rising in the morning and one applied six hours later.
Your doctor may increase your dose if you are not responding to the previous dose.
The foilpac is intended as a unit dose package only and is equivalent to approximately 1 inch as squeezed from the tube. Use entire contents of foilpac to obtain full dose and discard immediately after use.
Proper Use of nitroglycerin
This section provides information on the proper use of a number of products that contain nitroglycerin. It may not be specific to Nitro-Bid. Please read with care.
A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine in a hospital. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
Uses of Nitro-Bid
- It is used to prevent chest pain or pressure.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
How do I store and/or throw out Nitro-Bid?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
PACKAGE LABEL – PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL – 30 GRAM TUBE
(Nitroglycerin Ointment USP, 2%)
NET WT 30 grams