Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion
Name: Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion used to treat
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion is used to treat
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion drug
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion drugs like
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion how to take
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion missed dose
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion uses
- Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion adverse effects
Uses of Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion
- It is used to treat rosacea.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion?
- If you have an allergy to metronidazole or any other part of metronidazole gel and cleansing lotion.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take metronidazole gel and cleansing lotion with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion) best taken?
Use metronidazole gel and cleansing lotion as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to take this medicine as you have been told by your doctor. Do not use more than you were told to use.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Do not take metronidazole gel and cleansing lotion by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Makeup may be used after the skin has dried.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
How do I store and/or throw out Metronidazole Gel and Cleansing Lotion?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take metronidazole gel and cleansing lotion or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to metronidazole gel and cleansing lotion. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: October 4, 2017