Methyl salicylate-menthol topical

Name: Methyl salicylate-menthol topical

Side Effects

Redness, warmth, stinging, or burning on the application site may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: blistering/swelling/severe redness at the application site, increased/unusual pain at the application site, nausea/vomiting, ringing in the ears.

A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

In the US -

Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.

In Canada - Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to Health Canada at 1-866-234-2345.

List Methyl Salicylate-Menthol Ointment side effects by likelihood and severity.

Precautions

Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to menthol or methyl salicylate; or to aspirin or other salicylates (e.g., salsalate); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.

If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product: asthma, injured/irritated skin in the affected area, growths in the nose (nasal polyps).

During the first 6 months of pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. It is not recommended for use during the last 3 months of pregnancy due to possible harm to the unborn baby and problems with normal labor/delivery. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.

It is not known whether this product passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.

Overdose

This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.

Notes

Keep all regular medical and laboratory appointments.

Missed Dose

If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.

Storage

Different brands of this medication have differentstorage needs. Check the product package for instructions on how to store your brand, or ask your pharmacist. Keep all medications away from children and pets.

Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.Information last revised July 2016. Copyright(c) 2016 First Databank, Inc.

(web3)