Lidocaine (Injection Route)
Name: Lidocaine (Injection Route)
- Lidocaine Injection Route effects of
- Lidocaine Injection Route the effects of
- Lidocaine Injection Route injection
- Lidocaine Injection Route side effects
- Lidocaine Injection Route drug
No information is available on the relationship of age to the effects of lidocaine injection in geriatric patients. However, because of this medicine's toxicity, it should be used with caution. Recommended doses should not be exceeded, and the patient should be carefully monitored during treatment.
Studies in women suggest that this medication poses minimal risk to the infant when used during breastfeeding.
Although certain medicines should not be used together at all, in other cases two different medicines may be used together even if an interaction might occur. In these cases, your doctor may want to change the dose, or other precautions may be necessary. When you are taking this medicine, it is especially important that your healthcare professional know if you are taking any of the medicines listed below. The following interactions have been selected on the basis of their potential significance and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is not recommended. Your doctor may decide not to treat you with this medication or change some of the other medicines you take.
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is usually not recommended, but may be required in some cases. If both medicines are prescribed together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.
- Bupivacaine Liposome
- St John's Wort
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines may cause an increased risk of certain side effects, but using both drugs may be the best treatment for you. If both medicines are prescribed together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Blood vessel disease or
- Heart disease or
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) or
- Liver disease—Use with caution. The chance of side effects may be increased.
- Brain or nerve disease or
- Heart block or
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), severe or
- Sepsis or
- Shock, severe or
- Spine problems—Use with caution.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD) or
- Heart problems or
- Lung or breathing problems or
- Methemoglobinemia (blood disorder), hereditary or idiopathic (unknown cause)—Use with caution. May increase risk of having methemoglobinemia.