Baloxavir Marboxil (Oral Route)
Name: Baloxavir Marboxil (Oral Route)
- Baloxavir Marboxil Oral Route dosage
- Baloxavir Marboxil Oral Route dosage forms
- Baloxavir Marboxil Oral Route used to treat
- Baloxavir Marboxil Oral Route is used to treat
- Baloxavir Marboxil Oral Route average dose
- Baloxavir Marboxil Oral Route missed dose
Baloxavir marboxil is used to treat the flu (influenza) in patients 12 years of age and older who have had flu symptoms (eg, cough, fever, runny nose, headache, joint or muscle pain) for not more than 48 hours.
This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.
This product is available in the following dosage forms:
Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.
There are no adequate studies in women for determining infant risk when using this medication during breastfeeding. Weigh the potential benefits against the potential risks before taking this medication while breastfeeding.
Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. Discuss with your healthcare professional the use of your medicine with food, alcohol, or tobacco.
The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
- For oral dosage form (tablets):
- For the flu:
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older weighing 80 kilograms (kg) or more—80 milligrams (mg) taken as a single dose.
- Children 12 years of age and older weighing 40 kg to 79 kg—40 milligrams (mg) taken as a single dose.
- Children younger than 12 years of age or weighing less than 40 kg—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
- For the flu:
If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.