Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension
Name: Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension
- Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension used to treat
- Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension is used to treat
- Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension side effects
- Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension drug
- Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension effects of atazanavir powder for oral suspension
Uses of Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension
- It is used to treat HIV infection.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Signs of gallstones like sudden pain in the upper right belly area, right shoulder area, or between the shoulder blades; yellow skin or eyes; or fever with chills.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Muscle or joint pain.
- Pain when passing urine.
- Back pain, belly pain, or blood in the urine. May be signs of a kidney stone.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- Low mood (depression).
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Change in body fat.
- Yellow skin or eyes.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
- This medicine may help the immune system work. If you have an infection that you did not know you had, it may show up when you take atazanavir powder for oral suspension. Tell your doctor right away if you notice any signs of infection like fever, sore throat, weakness, cough, or shortness of breath after you start this medicine.
- If you have liver problems like hepatitis B or C, talk with your doctor. Liver problems have gotten worse with atazanavir powder for oral suspension. Call your doctor right away if you have signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
What are some other side effects of Atazanavir Powder for Oral Suspension?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not able to sleep.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.